Becoming a Physician

Scholarship recipients share their experiences as UF medical students
6
May

Thank you, University of Florida College of Medicine

By •• Posted in Uncategorized

I am very thankful to the UF COM family —all of the faculty and staff I have worked with over the years during this journey through medical school. In particular, I would like to thank Dr. Heather Harrell for her physical exam expertise, creative interactive case-based teaching sessions and for helping me see my passion for internal medicine. Secondly, I would like to thank Dr. David Feller, who helped develop my passion for primary care and preventative medicine as well as always reminding me to stay whole in medicine by continuing my extracurricular activities. I would also like to show appreciation to the faculty and staff of the Office for Diversity and Health Equity and the office for Student Counseling and Development for their support over the past four years.

For the past four years, I have been fortunate enough to serve as the Dr. Cullen Banks Scholar, named in honor of the first black physician with full privileges at Alachua General Hospital. The work ethic and dedication Dr. Banks showed to his patients is something I will draw inspiration from and use as fuel to provide the highest quality of care to the people in my new community. I would like to give many thanks to Mrs. Banks and the rest of the Banks family for taking me in and looking after me as one of their own during my time here in Gainesville.

Tagged as:

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.